Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Do...Still





Eric and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary today. We've been together 17 years to the day. He is at a bachelor party in Vegas this weekend. Seriously.


But he sent flowers. For me...and also two mini bouquets for our girls.



And he called. And texted.



And my heart swelled each time I heard from him.




Truth be told he took me on a surprise weekend escape to Alderbrook Spa on the Hood Canal a few weeks ago knowing he would be out of town on this day. We slept in, had massages, sat fireside, and reconnected.

I sincerely was as relaxed as I appear in the photo below.


The weekend was uneventful which was pure magic. No stress, no issues, no worries.


Seventeen years ago and mere days after we met we had gone for a long walk and spoke very little. He said it was then that he knew we were right for each other. We felt so connected despite the silence and thoroughly enjoyed one another's company.


Over our recent escape weekend he told me during dinner how much he loved being with me. My mind went back in time to that quiet walk that fall afternoon in Michigan.


Hurry home I can't wait to thank you in person for choosing me back then and for still loving me so strongly all these years later.

Happy Anniversary...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That guy sounds awsome!! Does he have a brother?

Anonymous said...

Yes, he is a great guy, and very handsome....But a lousy tipper.

Anonymous said...

A couple of bouquets of flowers got you a Vegas weekend on your wedding anniversary? Could you give Hillary a call for me?

Anonymous said...

I do, too....Still. I knew when you drank a bucket of beer in East Lansing and flashed my friends that you were the one for me. On behalf of buffoons everywhere who married way out of their league, thank you for all these wonderful years.

Katie said...

ha! More than welcome. I needed these silly posts today--way too much on my plate. I'm ready to curl up in the fetal position and lock myself in the closet with Frib. November is coming, yes? ox