Thursday, April 17, 2008

Little Miss Sunshine

I've been in a funk. I am not overstressed. Not overwhelmed. Not hormonal even. There is no reason for me to be out of sorts. Perhaps the reason is that it's been raining for what seems like seven months straight. I know how tired it is to bitch about Seattle weather and to be honest I have done so very infrequently in the past 10 years we've lived here but for now I am blaming my blues on the weather.


Audrey is going on a field trip to the beach tomorrow. Rain or shine. We dropped Liv off at gymnastics tonite and headed to Target in search of rain boots that fit.


Thanks to retail therapy my mood has been transformed some. So rather than complain tonite here's a brief nod to all the bright things in my life.



Audrey kisses me and Eric each time we're near her. I just went up to pat her back as she hacked & hacked (her dreaded cough is back). I picked her up, rocked her, and patted her back. She kissed me like always-whether she is dead asleep, half asleep, or wide awake- always a kiss as a greeting. Bless her.



Olivia has been tantrum free for 21 days today. Our house is so much calmer. I am so proud of her. God love my Livvie.


I am healthy.


I have not been obssessed with death, my weight, and general impending doom for months now.


Eric remains my prince.


I connected via phone with my girlfriend Kathy today. Every time we talk we connect. What a gift.


Tomorrow night is date night.


It's bed time & Eric says he'll take the dogs out.


The weather report shows colder temperatures tomorrow and rain for at least the next five days but I am not concerned...and Audrey is thrilled. She will be starring as Little Miss Sunshine and my luminous reminder to look on the bright side.






5 comments:

Kiwi said...

K: Yeah!!!

This is the cutest darn picture of Audrey in her rain gear :) And I was sooooo happy to read about Livvie. WOW that is a terrific stretch. I was looking out the window at the pouring rain, hoping my own little girl was bundled up appropriately for the field trip. And plans to sail with Daddy tomorrow all day?! YIKES. I hope with the right gear it is still do-able (and enJOYable!) Hugs from me to you. Your blog ALWAYS brightens my day. Kiwi

Katie said...

Thank you, Kiwi! Glad to hear this post brightened you. Our kiddos are little rays of sunshine (most of the time..)Audrey says the beach was a hit. Hope sailing can happen tomorrow for K & M -sounds divine. o.x. k

McJuicemom said...

I am so with you, sister! This is so depressing:-( Last week sun, fun and drinks on the patio. This weekend chills, snow, wet dog and the Seattle 'cloud'. We don't even have clouds anymore - it's just one big everlasting cloud!
In any case, you do have wonderful little sunshine girls and so glad to hear of the 21 day stretch. If and when the next one comes, think of this achievement and know that it will happen again.
I did comment to Auds on field trip day that she really did have fabulous rain gear. I was jealous!
Hugs,
R

Nick said...

Sounds like you need another GNO, rain or shine! We are here to brighen each other - and it sounds like we need it.
Many congratulations to Liv (and you & Eric), I'm sure a refreshing feeling for you all, nicely done mama!
Hang in there, girlfriends, as just maybe the sun will return - soon.

- Nick

Lori said...

I just found your blog through “A Full Plate.” I wanted to post a comment because I am also a publicist! I live near Dallas, TX and work from home with my 1-year old.

I enjoyed reading all your blessings. I try to think of all the good things in my life when I get info a funk.

Have a good weekend!