Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Teeth & Tears


Upon brushing Audrey's teeth the other night I saw all four of her six year molars popping out. She was thrilled (she is still just 4). I was devastated as I could not believe how fast she is growing up.
So while she ran for the flashlight & mirror so I could show her what I was looking at--tears streamed down my face. I recall when Liv's first tooth fell out right around her fifth birthday. I cried then, too, and assured myself that it was OK and they were not growing up too fast after all. I told myself that it was only tooth one and we had dozens more to go with both girls. I reminded myself that Audrey girl still had teeth coming in and there was a long road ahead before her teeth came loose or she sprouted molars. That road grows shorter by the day.

0 comments: