Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Tis the Season

The halls of Wilkinson Manor are decked and the tree is trimmedthe girls are sporting their holiday bestand yet this mama feels like she's been caught in an avalanche.

I've been buried---in the holiday season.

Cards for the media, gifts for the media, gifts for my clientsgifts for my children and family and friends, drafting and mailing the annual holiday letter, kids holiday activities, teacher gifts, baking for teacher appreciation day, school projects, new client needs, current client needs and far too many snow days which translates to school time off for my kids and my daytime spent juggling requests for cocoa, dressing them in snow gear, peering out the window to be sure they're safe while responding to client emails, pitching the press, answering phone calls, and eventually succumbing to the pressure and allowing the computer and TV to serve as the babysitter.

I assume many of you are finding yourself in the same snowbank.

Despite all the chaos there has been much that is merry and bright.

We've shopped for the "needies"


and delivered the goods.

Eric and I went to a fabulous NW winter brewfest (here I am pictured with the brewer of my favorite beer there~ Cherry Porter). He also makes a killer "Mistletoe Bliss" -for the name alone (Eric and Olivia's middle names are Bliss) I am hooked.


Liv and her school mates put on a lovely jazz performance
We boarded the Santa Train once again for our annual pilgrimage to see Santa!
Snow has been falling steadily outside Wilkinson Manor and we're all elated.

Here are my girls catching flakes with their tongues last weekend.

I finally freed myself from my laptop late this afternoon and enjoyed a wonderful tea party with Audrey.

As she dipped her animal crackers and almond cookies in her tea she declared, "This is perfectly perfect."

I could feel myself slowly thawing out.

1 comments:

Olivia Bliss said...

Nice post mama. Don't you wish you got a new computer?