Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Sun is Shining

Frib and Al basking in the rare Seattle winter sunshine

Given how the first 17 days of 2009 have gone the fact that the sun is shining is one of the brightest spots thus far...

I will keep this post brief and consider this my journal entry for the past couple of weeks. I look forward to closing this chapter and for sunny days ahead.

Just sent an email to a girlfriend and thought I could use part of that note to best sum up the recent days.

Been a helluva a week, girl—close friend got the diagnosis of a lifetime. cancer. (mom of a 5 yr. old, engaged to be married in mere weeks, successful biz owner, life was blooming brilliantly). She will "kick it" I know (I think that will be the title of her blog we're working on--stay tuned) and I will be there each step of the way so long as she does not tire of me!

My brother lost his job to the economy (and is going in for nearly 7 hr. ear surgery next week in Boston with a 6 wk. recovery said to be filled with nauseau and dizziness—has a family of 4 back in Maryland).

One of my clients closed their restaurant after nearly 20 yrs (dozens displaced), a girlfriend suffered a miscarriage yesterday and has been simply overjoyed with the prospect of her babe for weeks now, my mom-in-law got in a car axe and can’t meet us in Disney the end of the month afterall- the airline won’t give us our $ back (thank God she will be OK once we get her back feeling better).

I will spare the k PR newspaper quotes this week, the insulting letter from a lawyer based on a client that won't pay, and the vomit fest hosted by my beautiful Audrey that kicked off in our bed at 8 this morning.

I may steal Liv and do some retail therapy for a bit as E plays Mr. Mom with Audrey and watches basketball. That is, IF she stops vomiting. Otherwise, she needs me more than the mall. ;)

So if that's the case I will pull up a slice of the floor and rest in the sun with the dogs.
Got this quote from a friend yesterday--

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.

My umbrella is by the door...

7 comments:

fiona said...

Ah but.. at least the sun is shining as you said, and boy it feels good...

Wot a week...

xoxo

McJuicemom said...

Wow ... so sorry for everyone around you going through life's troubles. I just counted my own blessings and am grateful things are going well in my life right now.
Hope Audrey starts feeling better soon and that you can find some peace.
Hugs,
R

becca said...

Katie, found your blog via Stomp This, and I CAN RELATE. Last week was a doozy: Sheila's diagnosis, close friend miscarried and devastated, brother got laid off, whole family sick, and my car needed major repairs (though by the end of the week that one seemed like a mere hang-nail!)

Hang in there! Life's already getting a bit sunnier, eh?

Katie said...

Becca, Are we walking the same path or what? Sheila girl, brother's job loss, family ill, friend who miscarried--literally. Same drill. Bless you and them and us all. Here's to better days and yes, they're looking up- thank God! Do stay in touch....I will follow your blog as well!! Saw that you're on twitter. If you have any guidance on how to twitter shoot me an email, would ya'? I suppose I could google it. A friend requested I sign up and I did and I have no idea what to do now and people have requested to "follow" is it and again, I am clueless. blessings, k

Nick said...

Sending big hugs your way dear, k - you are such a rock to all those dear to you. You are one of the strongest women I know, be tough and please do take care of yourself. Put yourself on your priority list.

Blessings,
Nick

Juli Rose said...

K, if you forget and leave your umbrella by the door when you run out and find yourself in the rain. Look up to God, let the rain splash you in the face, and drink. For He will nourish you with the experience and make you stronger and more thankful for it. Sending blessings your way my dear.

Katie said...

What wisdom, Juliette. I will take it to heart. Great to see you girls. Mara~ thank you for the lovely sentiments...ox