Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sweet Hearts

Audrey ran past the doorway while I was chatting with Olivia in her bed this evening and caught my eye. I gave her a big smile. She stopped short in her tracks and ran into my arms.

"I have something to tell you, Mama. I think it all the time. 'I love the way you make me smile'."

She then rushed off to enjoy bedtime tales and snugs with Eric as Liv and I resumed our time together.

Moments later it's lights out and Olivia sleepily says into my shoulder as we're hugging, "I know you love me more every second and you will never ever stop. I love knowing it."

How deeply loved they are. And so am I.


1 comments:

McJuicemom said...

You and your family are truly special! I envy your gift of mothering, loving, and knowing how to raise confident, loving girls. Seems like you know exactly what they need. I'm pretty sure my kids are going to fly the coup at the first college oportunity (or to be a beach bum in Hawaii in Julian's case), but you are assured to have a prime spot in the best nursing home :-)