Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pop Star on Patrol

Olivia and her closest buds were selected to be on Brookside Elementary's "Patrol" squad next year. Incoming fourth, fifth, and sixth graders are chosen to help maintain order at school pick up and drop off. It is quite an honor and those who made the cut will proudly tell you, "Not everyone gets on Patrol."

After a video training session and seminar Olivia was ready to hit the pavement and get some hands on training.

I picked her up after patrol on day one and she bound into the car.

"It was awesome and I am sooo proud of myself. The best part? When I put on the vest I can write any one up for misconduct. I've already given Emmanuel a warning."

Be afraid, Brooksiders.

Here is Olivia and her dear friend and fellow patroler, Jewel, sharing celebratory popsicles.

0 comments: