Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Decade of Bliss~ August 25


Oh my, Liv Love. Ten Years of You. I tell you this every year (and many times in between)--your entrance into this world is the greatest thing I have known. I never loved so fiercely until I met you. Fun, energetic, silly, dramatic, wildly talented, piano playing, singing, cart wheeling, music loving, texting, emailing, acting, bright, beautiful, loving--- you. You, my firstborn, whom we hold far too many expectations of and so, so  many dreams for. You arrived in our world on the date that was predicted and you have occupied my brain and my heart and my life beyond words since the minute we met. There are so many days that I stand in awe of you. You're a fabulous friend, you're incredibly honest, you're brave beyond measure, you light up a room, you own the stage,  you smile bright & big & often. I love your freckles and your eyes and your seven mile stare when you grow tired.  (kind of like you were doing here at your bday party)

Celebrating you on your tenth birthday was pure joy.  

 We celebrated in style--LIMO!

We had your favorite Jones soda flavors and colors (blue bubble gum and green apple) and your darling face was on each bottle! We also had m & m's created especially for you. They read Happy 10th &  Olivia Rocks!



We played games

And after picking up all your party pals, we stopped by Coldstone Creamery for treats!

Then it was off to the hotel suite for a night of swimming, pizzas, movies and a slumber party!




Your actual birthdate came a couple days later. The day started off with a TV shoot at Brighton School. You are a star, Livvie!


Then a quick stop @ Starbucks!

 

A fun filled day at Extreme Adventure Camp (roller coaster rides at the fair!)

grown-up kid birthday gifts


and a change of a lifetime--pierced ears. so, so brave.


and beautiful.

may your every wish come true, my bliss.
Olivia Bliss Wilkinson~ August 25.2000

4 comments:

fiona said...

..and SHE blogs.. Yay

Well worth the wait too. Just read my way through the last five and what a joy!

So.. lots to do in the days ahead for someone's upcoming birthday - I better get cracking!

xox

Katie said...

What sweet words, Car. Thanks for reading & gifting. I am so grateful. love.

Anonymous said...

Hey! A blog ALL ABOUT ME!!!!! :) I'm happy!

Anonymous said...

I'm blessed to have an AH-MAZING mother like you! I just redid my blog check it out at www.oliviablisswilkinson.blogspot.com