Saturday, October 30, 2010

on my mind

I know I should spare you the story of how I miss blogging, how Facebook has stolen its thunder, how I have many things I want to say each day but cannot find the time to blog, how I am so incredibly buried each fall season, how I want to lose weight, how I wish I had less on my plate (yet have no desire to say No to all the great offers), and on and on. I know I should spare you because you have already heard it all. from me. often.

So now that I have expressed it all (once again) I will attempt to reconnect.

My dear friend/neighbor/colleague, Carrie, spoiled me the past couple of years with Blog Books (two of them each year in fact~ one for each of my girls). The records of my blogs are something I cherish. I know they will, too. I cannot thank her enough.

As my birthday nears, I knew I needed to steal some time to blog since I have pressured her to make one (or two!) for me again this year. I have dedicated the greater part of the day to blogging (sitting on the floor at the girls Annie rehearsal for 3 hours this morning) and then for the past several hours from a living room chair where I've been stationed after I threw out my back this afternoon.

After pulling pictures and posting about all the memories of the past few months (not nearly done recapping yet either) I thought I best pause and blog about what's really on my mind.

  • I miss my gram more than words. I think of her all the time.
  • I love everything about Brighton School and many, many days I really wish I could just devote my time to the girls and their school.
  • I feel bad that my sweet mama broke her foot and I have not had time to communicate with her much across the miles.
  • I wish I gave my husband more time at the end of each day.
  • I want to bake more.
  • Iwould like the time and energy to make more homecooked meals.
  • I think an hour walk each day would be bliss.
  • I miss nursing my babies and having them fall asleep in my arms.
  • I am so grateful Audrey's cheeks and hands still feel like those of a little girl's.
  • I love that Olivia still wants me to get under the covers with her at bedtime & that she tells me all of her secrets.
  • Eric's sweet text messages make me so happy so much so that I will never take those sweet sentiments for granted.
  • I wish my brother and I ended our phonetag game recently and actually did connect.
  • I cannot wait for Christmas morning with my family~ parents, brothers, nieces, the works. love.
  • I need to make a Thanksgiving plan and think that the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, a walk, and a turkey here at home waiting for Eric after he gets off work sounds just right. If time allows I will make the turkey--if not, PCC market will!
  • I love watching the girls evening Annie rehearsals (3x a week for 3 hrs. at a time for months). The scene relaxes me. And makes me feel so proud.
  • I want to help my husband figure out his mother's care as she ages.
  • I think blogging daily (short & sweet) just like simple Facebook status updates sounds manageable at this stage of my life. I could post a picture a day as my friend, Carrie, suggests.
I think this shot would be a good one to begin with. This is the view from my chair right now. And it's beautiful.

0 comments: