Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Pal Al.

Sweet little Alice the dog left our world on September 6.



My heart has not been quite the same since. I loved her madly. The little miss came to us as a stray from the pound  nearly five years ago suffering from breast cancer. Four breast surgeries and a heart murmur later her time for peace had simply come.

I miss her each and every day.

Her giant brown eyes (compared to her squat little body) were always on me. She greeted me outside the shower each morning, laid in my closet as I dressed, sat either on my lap or at my feet on my purse as I worked and all the while she would look up to me starry eyed.

I called her my best friend as I could do no wrong in her eyes despite my many flaws.  She was always by my side --or on my lap.

A girlfriend of mine told me after she passed that while it seems so unfair for our pets to be taken from us that it just means that it was their time to go to make room for the many others out there that must need our hearts and homes, too.

Thank you, Al Bell Boo, for all the happiness you gave me and for making it feel as if I hung the moon.


You will live on in my heart. always.

0 comments: