Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Grow Old Along With Me...












Liv went to cheerleading camp last week. A three hour mini day camp.






That night she was able to put her new found skills to work by cheering for the Shorecrest High School basketball team.






She is now ready for the Dallas Cowboys.






She did not know a soul when she entered the big gymnasium last Saturday morning. She gave her name at the sign in desk, grabbed a set of pom poms and was ready for primetime.






I was so proud of her.






"Oh, Liv, you look so old!" I had said to her earlier that day as she presented herself to me in the kitchen.

"Thank you, Mama! You look old, too!" And she threw her arms around me.

"Not old, old. Not like old lady old. Just perfect old. You look just like you are supposed to. Yep--Perfect. Old." she explained.






Last Saturday as Eric and I watched Olivia cheer I told him I'd be very content to spend our weekend nights in a high school gym watching our girls when they become teens.






"Really?" he asked a bit perplexed. "Wow, you're getting old."






So I hear...









2 comments:

KarenK said...

Oh my gosh! She looks like such a big girl in the picture of her running on the gym floor. More proof all this goes by SO fast.

Katie said...

I know! It does whiz by..it is such fun and way too fast all at the same time. Good to hear from you! k