Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas

The signs of the season are everywhere and in an effort to capture it now so I can reflect in the future, I thought it best to document in pictures. So here goes:
















Audrey girl en route to her holiday performance.Audrey at her school performance (back row in the middle--head turned "coaching" her friend, Sam). She is such a mother hen yet she does it without sass. During the show she was a consumate rule follower and acting out each aspect of the songs. In between songs she was hushing friends and directing them. I asked her after the show what was up. "Well, I had to tell Rachel that we were here to sing not just wave at the audience. I had to tell Ryan to leave the snow alone--it was not there for us to play with but for decoration. And Sam was touching the curtain that had our winter scene on it. If he kept playing with the curtain the audience would see the plain old blank curtain and they were supposed to see the holiday scene." Alright then.Flowers from Jewel and family. Thank you! Once again our wonderful friends Carrie & Darren were so kind and generous. They surprised Audrey at her performance (and came bearing flowers)! We are so lucky.








Olivia at her gymnastics championship! Lots of first and second place ribbons--and another trophy. Way to go, Livvie!






















Painting projects! Thanks to my dear friend, Christa (& family), the girls enjoyed a wonderful afternoon painting on canvas. Another perfect gift, CX!








This was the best day for my girls... relationship-wise. I do not recall them ever getting along as well as they did this day. Amazing how wonderful it feels when there is no bickering or teasing. Audrey was over the moon at how well her big sister treated her. Olivia was able to see how good it feels to have your little sister really enjoy you. And laugh with you and because of you! Audrey thinks Olivia is the funniest person alive. The house was filled with laughter, joy, and big hugs from dawn to dusk. This was among one of the best Christmas gifts I suspect we'll ever receive.








The little tappers. Audrey and her tap class waiting to go on stage for their big performance. They danced to "Here Comes Santa Claus" sung by Elvis. After the show Audrey was telling me what a genius Elvis was. "He knows that Santa doesn't care if we're rich or poor. He says we're all God's children and peace on earth will come to all if we just follow the light. Elvis is really, really smart, Mama." Thanks to Audrey's insight I will never listen to that song the same again.








Audrey turned breakfast time into a princess tea party. Tea set courtesy of my dear Aunt Debbie (thank you and hugs to you!)








The yummy pancakes courtesy of my friend Rebecca and family. Williams-Sonoma eggnog pancake mix- divine! Thanks, R.















Breakfast was follwed by a princess Christmas show. Audrey performed for gramma and me and Eric. Frib stood by (begging) as the adults were finishing breakfast and the show went on.








Olivia and Hannah bowling. Miss you, Hannah!















Christmas movies in bed. Need I say more?

















































Cheers--Smoky Met Martinis (Absolut, Glenlivet, and an orange twist)--YUM! One is plenty. Wish I knew that going in...Gramma and Eric and I enjoyed a super night out at one of my client's restaurants and were treated like royalty-so thankful!







Back on skates for the first time in more than 25 years! Audrey and Liv were champs. Having me hold Audrey up as we attempted to skate was probably not the best idea-- but it was great fun. I managed a few spins around by myself but there was surely nothing even remotely close to acrobatics taking place!







Olivia on skates for the first time. Two darling, thoughtful girls we met at the ice rink stayed by her side the entire time--helping her learn. It was a fabulous sight. Best of all, Olivia embraced them and their willingness to teach her.







Me and Audrey E. at the nail salon.












































Olivia giving Audrey voice lessons in preparation for another Wilkinson Girls Christmas Extravaganza.







And then the show went on.







"I want to wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart!"

2 comments:

fiona said...

Love it! Those two gals are show-stoppers or what??!

Merry Christmas K and blessings of the Season to you and yours!!

Olivia Bliss said...

Merry Christmas to you to mom! I'm so glad your mine! Thank you for always talking to me! I love you! Liv