Sunday, June 8, 2008

Devils in the Details


"Look, Mama, these are organic! Can we get them then?" Audrey asked me at the market the other day as she presented me with a can of Pringles.


"Organic? What do you mean?" I asked her.


O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L she spelled out pointing to the letters on the can.


"Sound it out, Aud." I told her. A few moments later she softly commented, "Oh, original, not organic, " she replied, deflated. I let her buy them anyway.


Later that evening en route to Olivia's piano recital (after the grocery and bank run, a quick dinner out, and preparing the batter for Snickerdoodles for her early birthday party at school) Audrey said, "You're one busy mama. I wonder how you do it sometimes." Was this my four year old talking or a girlfriend? How do parents do it? We all find our way somehow...Apparently, she did not see the yummy frothy Porter beer I ordered over dinner while they enjoyed their chicken fingers--details, details.



2 comments:

First Time Dad said...

Ah, the frothy helping hand!
Nice call on the Pringles too. Sometimes you just have to buy the chips!

Katie said...

And keep the chips away from mama! Audrey calls Pringles "beach chips" since she had them for the first time at the beach. I appreciate her optimism that the sun will shine one day soon and she can crack open the can of Pringles surfside...