Thursday, March 13, 2008

62

Volume 62 on my radio dial has taken on a new meaning (no longer will it just stand as a reminder for my days as a crazed mom--see prior post "Food Fight" for context).





Instead 62 is the perfect volume to crank up some fabulous tunes to.





As previously mentioned, Eric is a music junkie and is spot on when it comes to music that others would like...





I just stumbled upon a playlist on my ipod that he created especially for me and hit 62!
For those of you interested in hearing some of these songs, I thought I'd share them.




Another Travelin' Song, Bright Eyes





Some fav lines...


"The best that I can do now is pretend that I've done nothing wrong and to dream about a train that's gonna take me back to where I belong."

"Nothing in the past or future will feel like today..."






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLeWH32FrX4










Portland, Oregon, Loretta Lynn. Ever since Sissy Spacek played her in Coal Miner's Daughter I've been a fan. ;) Great line here--"slo gin fizz works mighty fast when you drink it by the pitcher and not by the glass."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5K8sofXj5E





Two, Ryan Adams.


I love most all things Ryan Adams. Eric bought me tickets as a Christmas gift to see him at Moore Theatre in January but we were in Disneyland so had to sell them! bummer...


Anyway, "Two" is a great tune---
"I've got a really good heart I just can't catch a break. If I could I promise I'd treat you good."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g695Q1t8MJc





Another Ryan Adams song that rocks--Everybody Knows.
"you come to me when I'm thinking like a cannon ball shooting out of a cannon."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZz2UeMKG80

16 Days, Whiskeytown.
Love the violin off the top and the richness of the lead singer's voice (who happens to be RYAN ADAMS--if I have my facts straight Whiskeytown band disbanded nearly 10 years ago).
"Can't sleep when the bed sheet fights it's way back to your side"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGckUO-ksDc




How about this "vibe?"


Son's Gonna Rise, Citizen Cope


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUfh5mbjjrw





Here's a good song to end on--my pastor did a sermon series around the holidays last year and each week he'd have the band end the service with this song...



"So take these words and sing out loud because everyone is forgiven now...'cause tonight's the night the world begins again."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITM2AKRT9cI

Actually, since it's GNO---THIS is a great song to end with...

"gonna take your mama out all night..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP-4abFGjgo





5 comments:

fiona said...

Love Ryan Adams, in part due to your dear husband and his prolific knowledge of all things I-tunes!

I've always loved the track "Better Days". It seemed to fit the post Hurricane Katrina mood perfectly and it's been a favourite ever since.

Love this post K
Carrie

McJuicemom said...

Awesome playlist, K!
Wish Eric would spend a little time on my iPod :-) Can't say that I've heard of some of the songs you have here, but I can see that I need to expand myself a little.
Here are my current and all time favs:
Alicia Keys - No One
Rhianna - Umbrella
Kanye West - Stronger
Moulin Rouge - Lady Marmalade
Christina Aguliera - Ain't No Other Man
Beatles - Here Comes the Sun
The Archies - Sugar Sugar

Have a fun, music-filled week!

Katie said...

I will check some of those out. Some I know even! E is the guru of great music (or so I think). What I like best is that he picks tunes he knows people will like. My play list noted on that blog is certainly not HIS fave but he knows me which is so endearing and makes me feel loved. ;) Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I will check them out. Car, E found 2 more Ryan Adam somgs that he claims I will "wet myself over". Nice. I will share them for sure. k

Anonymous said...

Look at you...Miss "I'm not creative and I don't know anything about computers" with your own blog! :) Thanks for sending me the link, I've enjoyed catching up with you through it. Your girls are going to outgrow you in a couple of years.

Send me some work! Just kidding, but really if you have something let me know. I am on vacation next week but back after April 1.

Love, Jane

Katie said...

Janey girl~
Yahoo! Great to hear from you. I will be in touch after April 1 and miss you like mad. Would love to know how you're feeling, what's new, and all about you!
Thanks for reading! k