Thursday, March 20, 2008

Coffee Klatsch







Life has been busy--and I've been starting to get overwhelmed. But I was blessed to have coffee dates with two fabulous human beings this past week. They were two separate engagements which led to straight one on one time. Perfect. For each date we each were armed with travel mugs, loads of stories, and unspoken expectations to connect.






On my first engagement as we sat sipping our hot chocolates with whip, I learned all about relationships, culture, and even some science. I did not get a word in edge wise and sat raptured. The voice, the facial expression, the insight--I was mesmorized.






My next date we fueled up with decaf honey lattes and my date filled the hour with tales from the seventeen and eighteen hundreds combined with a great deal of geography and some grammar. Again, I barely spoke except to ask for more.






I learned about friendships and the importance of girlfriend secrets. I learned about the capital of Bolivia (there are actually two). I learned about Marie Antoinette and the guillotine. I learned that there are loads of "ch" words in the English language and how the list of homophones seems endless.






And most of all --I learned that these two beautiful, thoughtful human beings are God's gift to me. And to the world. And that they are and will grow up in spite of me. And I am so blessed to be a part of the journey.






Thank you, Olivia & Audrey, for once again surpassing my expectations and for being such lovely dates. You're just what I needed.


















11 comments:

fiona said...

Oh boy, you hooked me in and then I discover that your two sweetheart dates were with Olivia and Audrey and then I got it..

Beautiful!

I always aim to give the kids one to one time, even if I don't get a word in edge ways.. (Ms J comes to mind!)

KarenK said...

I second Carrie's comments. Also makes me think I need to make a coffee date with my first born. Seems his hair has been on fire for the past couple of days and it's wearing me down.

Katie said...

I highly recommend it. I am sure it means something to our kids, too. As for us mamas, it's pure magic. Lovely to hear from you both. k

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the honey latte??

Katie said...

Starbucks--yummy yet expensive and I get tired of them easily but every once in a while with my darling 4 year old is worth it! k

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great blog... reminds one of... "Stop! and Smell the Roses". You have two beautiful flowers in your hands. Papa F

Olivia Bliss said...

Thanks, PF. I sure do. Brookside Talent Show was last night. You will relive via video I assure you. Liv was great. A much braver 7 year old than I recall being....
more to come on that. ;)Hope you're enjoyin' the Bajan sunshine.
ox, k

Anonymous said...

Aw, how sweet! I was thinking about how wonderful it was for you to meet up with your girlfriends over coffee.. and then, I realized there is no better friend than your own daughter. And you had twice the amount of fun with TWO of your girls! I'm sure they enjoyed the one on one time as much as you did. What a great mom!

~Mimi

Katie said...

How lovely to hear from you, Mimi. Hope all is well with you & your family and that our paths cross (in person) one day soon!
k

Anonymous said...

Kt, just rad this coffee blog, I'm definitely behind but I loved it. I still love teatime with you and our non stop conversation. Wish you 3 were here with me to go to Chatters Tearoom here. I've yet to go. Miss you guys. Love, Mom

Katie said...

M~ Miss you so. I am planning on taking the girls to tea as E will be at his mom's in NY in a few weeks (her 73rd bday). Wish you were here...Audrey always mentions you and your love of tea when she is sipping hers with me! Bless you. Much love. k