Wednesday, March 12, 2008

With Arms Wide Open

Each night Olivia asks me what position she should fall asleep in. And then I hug her. She says she wants to fall asleep in the exact spot where I snugged her last. This is our nightly ritual. Tonite's position was "arms wide open" so when I go in and kiss her one final time before I turn out my light I can give her another giant hug. Here she is fast alseep in her trundle bed in tonite's position...







While we certainly have deep challenges, I believe Olivia is one of the main reasons I am on this earth...to learn to love without limits, let go completely, and embrace this life...with arms wide open.

3 comments:

fiona said...

You are loved and so is Liv, by all of us.

Olivia knows this much is true, that she has a mother and a father who will always give her love unfailingly. A unconditional love without limits, without question and you will always be there for her.

It's all any of us really need.

Blessings..

Katie said...

Thank you, thoughtful Car...
k

Olivia Bliss said...

You are precious when you write things. Dad said "If you get 54/54 on you're spelling test you get a treat." I think I am going to get 54/54!