Monday, February 11, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...








Here are a few of the things lately that I have been celebrating. There is so much more but I'll start with top of mind for now and build as needed....

my 93 year old grandmother (a wonderful role model).

friendship- I have daily contact with fabulous ones and intermittent contact with friends from long ago. I treasure all of them.

handmade gifts from my girls

my Saturday night call from my dear Aunt Cyn congratulating me on Obama's Washington state win! ;)

prayers for others--Liv was praying for a very sick Eric last night (fever, chills, etc.) and it was beautiful despite his illness.

my brother Tim's sense of humor (probably the funniest person I am blessed to know!)

chocolate chip cookies homemade by my friend, Darren--the lack of evidence on the plate shows how much Audrey & I enjoyed them yesterday during game time.

receiving comments on my blog!

sleeping children (is there anything more precious or peaceful)?

a quiet home.

sipping tea with a magazine.

discussing politics, religion, life with Eric.

Boston fruit slices~ YUM! Almost gone...;(

recipes from my Aunt Pam sent across the miles.








thoughtful, helpful friends (and their kiddos) My friend, Eric, hung 3 of these darling chandeliers for me in the playroom!








my dogs even love my neighbors (on our evening walk last night Frib stopped at Gloria's door looking for turkey and Carrie's door since she's my dogs and kids surrogate mum!)

Audrey's kindness~ "I'm Sorry I do not have your card. So 'Go Fish', Mama, & Good Luck" her mantra when she does not have the card requested during Go Fish.

sweet husbands- Mara's husband sent her a surprise cocktail from he & their little boys the other night at girls night. His generosity made Mara (& me) cry. Prince!

honesty & ability to apologize easily (I am so pleased my parents taught me these traits!)

reconnecting with family- saw my beautiful cousins and fabulous aunts in California a few weeks ago. magical.

my mom's laid back nature (how I wish I got some of that!)

my brother Peter's positive disposition. great, great guy.

All for now. I would love to read some of your fav things, too!




For some reason I typed this post as a list of items but they all blend in a paragraph. Carrie, please help!

6 comments:

fiona said...

Bless that Fribble...

Yup, I'm calling that cocktail served to your dear friend as the "Mara Moment".. what a Prince indeed.

So now I just want to see those chandeliers.. they look divine!

Check your email on your formatting issue! I'll give you some tips!

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite things ... my sweet children singing their hearts out in the car. Showing me the latest "cool-find" on the play ground (usually another rock for Carson's collection). The huge, warm, full-of-love hugs I get each day from all my boys. Girls nights out, couldn't survive without 'em.

Love the "Mara Moment" - an amazing husband and friend indeed. We are all so blessed. And thanks, Katie, for not posting what I'm sure was not the most flattering picture of me hugging my special drink.

And thank you for getting me to focus on things I love and adore rather than life's daily challenges.

Katie said...

There you 2 are- 2 of my favs! Ha- the pic wasn't as darling as you are so in true friendship it was not posted. ;)

AND the only reason it wasn't as darling is because you were teary and while that would surely capture the moment it does not need to be posted on the Internet without your sign off. ox, k

McJuicemom said...

My favs: being in flow, checking everything off the to do list on Saturday so I can pick whatever I want to do on Sunday, traveling to exotic places with the family - all paid for of course, clean house that is completely organized - a place for everything and everything in its place ... Oh, you wanted a favs that actually are real!?!? OK - here they are: Juice asking me everyday when I pick him up "How was your day Mama?"; his super contagious giggles and laugh; Mac's hair - perfect curls and the color is so gorgeous (except combing it not so fun); daydreaming of all the things I want to do with our house; watching HGTV shows; reading magazines (used to be reading books, but that hasn't happened in many many years); camping with the family, especially to the oregon coast; they way Mac and my mom are together - it's a connection beyond this realm; the way Mac and Merlin (dog) are together; watching Myron sing in the band; seeing my kids perform in sports or dance or any other endeavor they have pride in; pie, pie, pie - especially berry pie; chapstick; sleep; and friends - getting together with friends, playing with friends, talking with friends, having friends. There's lots more, but don't want to overwhelm your comment space.
XOXO
R

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have been blessed with some great new friends “K” – can’t wait to meet them. As always, your blogs are always so inspiring to read – I’m either giggling or tearing up. Thank you for sharing your heart and thoughts. Although I rarely see you, you are a great inspiration to me and I am very blessed to have you in my world.
Snoqualmie

Katie said...

S~ Miss you. Thank you for your post. Hope to see you soon. Weekend plans? You would love these girls and they would love you. You're all honest. real. and accepting of others. What more could a girl want in her friends!? Oh---and fun!! You all have that, too! Of course. oxo