Sunday, February 17, 2008

Conversations with God

Tucked Audrey in bed tonite and she recapped what she learned in Sunday school. She explained how during the puppet show the characters were acting frustrated since they were late for a sleepover but then they learned that it actually did not really matter in the big picture afterall. She said they were trying to teach her to listen to God's voice in all things and to not let the little things get them upset. God is bigger than that she said. And then she went on. "Mom, you know how you tell me that you love me to the moon and back?" Sure do. "Well, I love you more than that. If you took a million people and spread their arms out and lined them up--I love you more than that. I love you beyond places that don't exist and even into fairytale land. And every day I love you more and every day my heart gets more full. And because you make my heart full, yours grows fuller too." "And, mom, because I lived inside you I understand you differently than most people do." Really?, I asked. How so? "Well, I know your body parts better than dad even." REALLY? "Yep, I know your fibula, fibia, phalanges, tarsals, parts like that better than him." Maybe so. So after a brilliant and beautiful conversation with Audrey aka "Dr. Phil with hair" --aptly named by Olivia when Olivia was merely 5 and Audrey just 2~ I kissed her goodnight and then went in to Liv's room to give her one more snug and found her fast asleep. Bliss and peace. Upon leaving, I turned to find sweet 4 year old Audrey standing in Olivia's doorway. "Thanks for the chat, Mom." she whispered. "My heart is fuller now. And yours is, too. I just know it." Is it ever, Audrey. Is it ever...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was so sweet and so Audrey girl. She is so special a deep thinker and old for her age!!!Thanks for sharing that special chat with all. Love, Mom/Meme XXOO

McJuicemom said...

She is such a .... I can't even find the right word for "cute-as-a-button/wise-beyond-years" that Audrey is! Could you even keep a straight face with how cute that was? You have realy special girls, Mama!
R

fiona said...

Yup.. what she said above me!!! That mcjuicemom with equally great kids!!

No words to describe the amazing insight that gal has for life, love and the universe.. Bless her sweet heart!!

Olivia Bliss said...

Sweet post!