Friday, February 15, 2008

Sick Days, Sweet Sentiments, & Rockin' Out








Audrey E was sick today. Poor little lamb. I skipped a client event today to be near her and she spent 4 hours of it sleeping. Curled herself up on the couch with the dog while I was on a conference call and slept. So, I guess I did some work afterall but for the most part no guilt here. I was there if needed. We had to cancel plans with dear friends tonite,too~ fun, laid back, and dear, dear Wade & Sherry. A sleepover no less and a night at an Irish pub complete with a babysitter. I couldn't wait. But, it was not to be. Vomiting can sideline a lot of things.













Then I read a beautiful comment Liv posted on my blog tonite and it brought tears to my eyes. And Eric's. Along with some very wonderful, thoughtful, and articulate statements she wrote this, "I thank you for coming to help out in my class. I know you are very busy and so thanks for missing some of that so you can come just to be there with me!" How incredibly touched I am that she noticed and thanked me for it. I wish I did it more and when the stars align and I can be there I wouldn't miss it for the world. And I love that she cares.










So here I sat tonite--surrounded by bills, leftover pizza plate, and love, love, love.










As the clock struck well past bedtime we decided it was time to rock thanks to Liv jumping on our deskptop and cranking up Frank Zappa from our itunes library. So the party started. And once again I ended another day with so very, very much to be grateful for.





( Photo courtesy of A.E.W. 4~ dreamed up the title herself...she is the artist formerly known as Audrey Elizabeth Wilkinson, age 4)









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! I think you rock! Livvie B.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest post ever! I think you rock! Livvie

Katie said...

Liv love, you are so thoughtful. Love to read your thoughts. You are a treasure, Olivia.