Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks...













Where to begin?










Here's a good start--










Eric saw this pic I took of Audrey at her Thanksgiving feast today and said, "Is she the perfect child or what?" At this moment, yes. Five minutes ago when she was crying in her sleep with a terrible sore throat and I woke her to give her Tylenol and she sleepily kissed me five times. Yes. Yesterday when she had two tantrums, told me off, tried to jump out of the car, and hit me. Well, no. But, regardless of it all. I love her madly and I am thankful for her. All of her. I told her so last night and she said, "even when I am naughty?" Yes, Audrey, even then.















I am thankful for Liv. For her heart. For her passion. For her emotions. All of them. Crazy. Silly. Confused. I am thankful for how she reacted to my girlfriend's note suggesting she should write a book with advice for parents. Below is what Liv posted on her blog and the blurb my girlfriend was commenting on...
"I'm just saying to my mom now that I should be nicer to her because she is nice to me a lot!!! So I love you mom if you can hear me!! Sorry if I don't listen to you which I know happens a LOT!!!!!! I'm glad your my mom. You are the best! I know I should listen more at church so I'll try to listen better next time. You should know kids aren't perfect like parents aren't perfect. I love you soooooooooo much I can't even tell you!"



















Here is Liv's reaction to Jaime's suggestion that she write a book. She was over the moon!















I am thankful that Olivia had the courage to tell her teacher she was scared to ride a bus to the Montessori school today for a field trip (she does not ride the bus as she is out of district so we drop her off and pick her up--therefore, the bus ride today was foreign to her). I am thankful she has a teacher who cares so deeply that she and Liv drafted an email to me together.







"Hey, Olivia wanted to let you know she will be on the blue bus. She is concerned because she says that bad words are said on that bus. I've told her I will walk her out to the bus and make sure our bus staff knows of this problem, but I've also assured her she will be fine. We will see if she can sit in the front, so she is not in the back with all the kids.
She's a little upset, but I know she will be just fine. =) She has read exactly what I just wrote, so this is no surprise to her."






What a wonderful teacher she has...






I am thankful that Olivia went to bed tonite and told us we made her the happiest person alive. And you do the same for us, sweet Livvie B.










I am thankful for so very much--- for my friends, my health, my family, my job, my clients, Alice the dog, and even Frib (since he is so nice to my sweet little Alice).









Most of all I am thankful to God for it all.










Eric brought me a yummy seasonal ale tonite and gave me an even yummier kiss while the girls and I watched the tape of Hannah Montana and a segment about American Girl on Oprah. He told me he was so happy and so thankful for me.










Me too, Eric. For every moment. And for guiding us and leading us through our days.

I am thankful that you chose to share and celebrate this life with me.





Happy Thanksgiving to all...

3 comments:

McJuicemom said...

Your kids are so darned cute ... you must laugh nearly every day. That is truly a blessing!
Hope you all had a great turkey day.
Much love, the Partmans

Jaime Webber said...

K, I just adore this blog! It's all so true & heartfelt. I feel like you & Olivia BOTH should write books- really! Happy gobble day (late) and an even happier Jesus' birthday to come. Off to work:( Keep doin what your doin- it's INSPIRING my friend. Jj

Katie said...

Jj, LOVE hearing from you and so appreciate and respect your thoughts. Thank you for so easily and readily sharing your heart with me...k