Wednesday, November 7, 2007

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...Olivia

Read previous blog first for context purposes

This is Olivia.


The day Liv was born was the best day of my life. Yes, the day I married Eric and the day I gave birth to Audrey certainly rival it. But, holding Liv. Seeing her. Smelling her. For the first time...nothing beats it.



Olivia bound into this world. She continues to tumble, flip, cartwheel, and dance through her days.


The world is her stage.


Or her tree stump.

Olivia is always on.


Whether she's at Disneyland.




Or on the beach.





Or even at the bowling alley.


And she doesn't care if we're watching. But we always are--with pride, awe, and wonder.
Olivia is filled with talent. And passion. And drive. She consumes life. And she does it so beautifully. She wants to be an Olympic gymnast, a pop star, and be in the movies. She could do it all.

Livvie is naturally funny. And her laugh is one of the best sounds in the world. She can sing like an angel. She writes from her heart and is so articulate and honest you'd think she was triple her age. Most of all Olivia loves our little family. And she is so deeply loved back.

I am truly blessed to have my children serve as my examples on "how to be an amazing human being".

So while Audrey builds homeless shelters and takes in stray cats I can rest assured she will always have time to give a back rub, say a prayer, or pause for a dip of bacon in a vat of sticky syrup.

As for my dear Liv, it may be tough to stop her on her way to the top. But she may pause long enough to hitch a ride~ if you're on your way to Hollywood. And you better have room for her agent. Me.




Me and Liv on Halloween. She was Hannah Montana (her pop star idol, of course...)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kt. That was beautiful and you portrayed Liv so well. She is fortunate to have such a great Mom that doesn't mind telling the world what a "great kid" she has.Mom

Katie said...

I LOVE you, Mem!!!