Sunday, November 4, 2007

Living the moment...

I have always wanted to blog. Not because I have the time. Not because I am a great writer. Not because I am good with grammar. But I have a lot to say. Or at least I think I do. So I am going to write as I think. Random. Confused. Often crazed. Like for now. Audrey (my 4 year old) is explaining to Alice the dog how we made soap yesterday. They are rolling around my bed where I sit. Olivia (my 7 year old) is playing a REALLY obnoxious Webkinz game on the computer downstairs that makes this BLOOOOOMMMPPP sound every 5 seconds or so. I am annoyed. pre-menstrual. And clearly now is not the time to blog. And I am feeling guilty for being uptight instead of counting my blessings. So I will do so now before I go. I love so much about my girls. Most of all their laughs. Love the giant hugs. Audrey gives the world's greatest kisses. Olivia can give a killer back rub. I love listening to them talk on the phone to their grandparents. I love being in their classrooms. I love watching them dance. Seeing them cheer on the Red Sox or Michigan State with their dad is a fabulous sight. I always wanted apple cheek kids eating toast with cinnamon in their pjs with muffled hair and I got them. I envisioned them at some rustic wooden table in a bright kitchen. I even got that. I am so blessed. I forget it, though---all the time. I learn so much from them. Most of all I learn to live in the moment. My dear, life-long friend Lynn gave me a key chain that says "Live in the moment" I think of her and trying to live that way daily. So for now--here's the moment. Audrey just told Alice she smells like fish. Then she paused and said, "Or is it piss?" Ugh. I am sure she learned that from me. For now the moment is shame for not being June Cleaver. Why can't she be reciting the Lord's Prayer to the dog instead? Although I taught her that, too. Now that's a nice moment's thought...

6 comments:

c. g. said...

dearest niece (among so many dearest nieces!) happy welcome to the blogging world. blogging will change your life. or at least give you another thing to feel guilty about not getting to. i think it has been a godsend for miranda and me. certainly it's a place for random thoughts and little epiphanies and a place to deposit the things that one needs to think about at least one, but perhaps not haunt us. i will bookmark your blog and visit often. i love you so much, and thank you for the recent pics and for keeping in touch so well. you are a treasure and a blessing in my life. -- AC

Sarah said...

Hi Katie! Love your blog, and the reminder to live in the moment. I forget that, too -- ALL THE TIME! I seem to be so focused on what's next, forgetting how happy and wonderful and beautiful NOW is. Thanks for the reminder to pause for a sec, now and then. Beautiful blog. Keep writing ... I'll be reading!

xoxo

Sarah Jio

KarenK said...

Welcome to the blogosphere friend! I love what you say about your girls. Babes are such blessings, but you're right, it can be hard to live in the moment and easy to forget their special talents.

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your blog. Name-very clever. I’m 80% packed, and I will dearly miss you. You are such a great friend. More accurately a Best Friend! I will miss all of our moments of laughter, fun, tears, and fireside chats. I’m selfishly relieved that some of my foolish futures mistakes may be out of “Smile Line’s,” reach Tell it like it is; we all love for it!

Anonymous said...

Love your Blog and I'm proud of you for getting it together. I think you would be a great T.V. Talk Show Host!! Go For It !!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the blog - I will so enjoy reading it and commenting. It's like talking to you in person - you write as you speak.

Keep it up!