Wednesday, November 7, 2007

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...Audrey

This is Audrey.








She is quite the multi-tasker. She can talk to her grandparents on the phone, make Christmas gift selections from a catalogue, and check out email all at the same time.





She is insightful. Case in point: during this particular phone conversation pictured above she told my dad that she did not want to disturb him as he was making popcorn. Moments later she thanked my parents for "letting me talk to you."




Audrey knows how to prioritize. She continued to talk with my parents but did pause to grab a slice of bacon and dip it in a plate of syrup across the kitchen.





Audrey can read emotions. After the phonecall and her Internet browsing, I was looking up something online and the computer was taking forever so I was growing exasperated. She came up behind me and asked if I wanted a back rub and said, "I'm sorry you have to sit through this."



Audrey is a giver. At bedtime tonite, she climbed into Liv's bed with me and Olivia. Eric said that Audrey sure deserved a lot of hugs and a nice back rub. She replied, "I do want one, mama, but not if you'd rather relax."



Sounds almost like Eddie Haskell from "Leave it to Beaver", 'eh? She's actually more like Mother Teresa. The child has a drawer for the "needies". And she has for more than a year. She's only 4.





Here's an actual prayer she prayed for the needies last year.




"Lord, please help the needies. Please let them know I am coming so to wait for me. I have seven dollars, 2 pennies, a drawer full of candy, and a pair of shoelaces. Please tell the deaf children to be calm and patient and I will come teach them sign language and they can follow along. Then they can all come to my home."




Amen!


P.S. See the next blog about Audrey's older sister, Olivia!--another one of God's magical creations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey is indeed so sweet and caring and beyond her years. I love her so for she is love in motion. Proud to be her Meme

Katie said...

Love in motion. That is a perfect description of Audrey girl. Love you, Mem.