Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

I am blessed. I am eternally grateful for the many wonderful people in my world. I am glad I was born!

My day started with my dear Eric and my little loves calling me down to the kitchen fresh out of the shower and presenting me with my fav dessert---coconut cream pie (for breakfast~yum!).



This is not any pie--this is from Dahlia Bakery and was created by Tom Douglas (local big name chef who has gained a great deal of national exposure the past couple of years). The pie is heavenly and loaded with cream, coconut, and goodness!

My sweet little family also gave me handwritten notes and a fabulous "day at the spa" certificate which I have chosen to save for a Friday when I can play hooky and ease into a nice long weekend...

I vowed to take the time today to treat myself to all my calls and revel in my many emails.
Thank you to so many of you who wrote, phoned, and sang to me today!

I am so grateful to all my friends who celebrated my big day with me a few weeks ago when we went to see a Neil Diamond cover band! Thanks for partying like rock stars. Even if the rock star is Neil Diamond who is 66 yrs. old. Here we are!




OK, those aren't my friends. They were just some young, hip guys dressed in 70's attire and Eric told me to pose with them...

Audrey regifted a couple things for me~ a glass paper weight with a unicorn inside that she got from a magical fairy at her 4th bday party and a $100 bill from my mother-in-law that she has been holding on to for the needies. I thanked her profusely and tucked them back in her special drawer explaining that they were gifts for her. I just found them on my bureau.

The tail end of the day was spent dancing to Hannah Montana's "Girls Night" with my pop star and martyr.


Then Audrey and I set off for a soak in the tub with our respective drinks--beer and warm milk. She challenged me to a drinking contest. No joke. I won. Appears 38 is the new 21....

2 comments:

fiona said...

I can't think of many women who could make a pink towel wrapped around her wet head look like a fashion statement, but somehow you pulled it off!

Coconut Cream pie.. divine!

Happy Birthday!

Katie said...

I have leftovers for you, dear one! I will bring some by shortly..Thanks for the kind words about my towel wrap! oxoxox
k